SYNTHETIC DIAMOND SCREENER
Identifies Synthetic (Lab-Grown) Diamonds (CVD/HPHT Diamonds) including mounted diamonds, through measurement of UV absorption.
The Synthetic Diamond Screener is developed by Presidium to help screen out Type IIa colorless diamond, which is likely to be synthetic and created through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or high pressure high temperature (HPHT) syntheses, from the natural Type Ia colorless diamond. When subjected to this deep UV irradiation, Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds each absorb different amount of UV light. Type IIa diamonds allow deeper UV light to pass through and thus its UV light absorption ability is low. This difference in the light absorption is significant enough to aid in differentiating between colorless Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds.
- Advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability.
- 2 colour coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give a low or high reading of UV light absorption with blue light indicating Natural Diamond and red light indicating Type IIa Diamond.
- Instantaneous clear results within 6 seconds.
- Exterior base foam padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces.
- Stream-lined ergonomic design that enhances portability and stability.
- Low battery indicator.
- Energy-saving auto power-off of device after 10 minutes without operation.
- Interior LED light source and testing area.
- Energy-saving auto power-off of interior LED light source when lid of device is open or when Start Test button is not activated.
- USB port for alternative power source and connectivity.
- Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds likely to be synthetic diamonds.
- Tests on diamonds within a range in dimension from 2 mm in width and up to 6mm in height (approx. 0.1 to 10 carat size).
- Tests on polished diamonds of popular cuts such as brilliant round cut, emerald cut, baguette cut, etc.
- Can be used on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back setting).
- For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color.